MEMORANDUM FOR ALL SUBORDINATE COMMANDS AND TENANT UNITS FROM: B GAR/CC SUBJECT: Buckley Garrison Public Health Directive #21 - 4
1. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves we must continue to adapt installation policies and preventive actions. The following measures are taken to reduce the risk of contagion and to ensure the readiness of personnel toperform their missions. This memorandum is effective 27 May 2021.
2. The following higher headquarters (HHQ) Public Health policies remain in effect for Buckley Garrison and tenant units in or near Aurora, Colorado.
a. All Commanders/Directors are authorized to bring back 100% of non-mission essential personnel. All Commanders/Directors have the authority to continue to allow teleworking based on mission conditions.
b. All personnel must be able to comply with all DoD and DAF guidance regarding social distancing and masking. All personnel are responsible for assessing their health before entering their workspace. Personnel should proactively self identify to their leadership if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
c. Wear of Face Coverings: Individuals that are fully vaccinated (two weeks have passed since the last shot in the series) are encouraged but not required to wear a face mask on base, with the exception of areas identified by the installation commander as mandatory mask wear areas. All other individuals must wear masks at all times unless social distancing protocols can continually be met (i.e. outdoors).
(1) Individuals who are fully vaccinated are exempt from mask wearing on base, with the exception of areas identified by the Installation Commander (14 May 21 Updated Mask Guidance). Individuals awaiting fully vaccinated status, or who elect not to receive the vaccine, must continue to wear masks while indoors or outdoors unless social distancing protocols can be met.
3. In addition to the Garrison-wide restrictions listed above, the following changes will now be permitted:
a. All food facilities can operate at full-capacity. Additionally, any unit gatherings where food is served must ensure all items are individually wrapped or implement a controlled serving line that follows all PH measures.
b. The base Fitness Center guidelines will remain in place, intramurals/contact sports are not permitted. c. All PME, classes, trainings or other similar events are now able to function at full capacity.
4. Official/Unofficial Unit events: Commanders/Directors are granted authority to approve unit gatherings however, a risk-assessment must be conducted to consider risk vs benefit of an event should positive cases trace back to this gathering. Commanders/Directors will hold all responsibility in ensuring Public Health protocols, to include social distancing and masking are followed. a. All base-wide events (i.e. Summerfest): Must first be approved by an O-6 located on Buckley SFB in the chain of command. Approved events will then be submitted to Public Health for review of the COVID safety plan.
5. For all military personnel, leave outside of the 250 mile radius must be approved at a level no lower than the member’s squadron commander and be in accordance with all DoD Force Health Protection Guidance.
6. Buckley SFB will remain in HPCON B and all personnel should continue to take necessary actions to keep themselves and those around them safe. The Public Health Emergency Officer (PHEO) remains delegated the authority to order medical quarantine within the meaning of Article 84, Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Failure to adhere to this directive may constitute a violation of Articles 90, 91, or 92, UCMJ.
7. This policy supersedes any previously published 460 SW or Buckley Garrison public health directives, but does not impact any declaration of a public health emergency.
DOD Travel Guidance FAQ