MEMORANDUM FOR ALL SUBORDINATE COMMANDS AND TENANT UNIT
FROM: B GAR/CC
SUBJECT: Buckley Garrison Public Health Directive #21 - 6
1. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves we must continue to adapt installation
policies and preventive actions to appropriately balance protecting base personnel with ensuring continued mission effectiveness and satisfactory quality of life. To those ends, the following guidance is effective 30 August 2021.
2. Buckley Space Force Base will change to HPCON Bravo Plus and all personnel
should continue to take necessary actions to keep themselves and those around them safe. The Public Health Emergency Officer (PHEO) is delegated the authority to order medical isolation and quarantine. Violations of isolation or quarantine or this order may be punishable under Article 92, Uniform Code of Military Justice, and may result in removal from the installation
3. The following higher headquarters (HHQ) Public Health policies are in effect for Buckley Garrison and tenant units in or near Aurora, Colorado.
a. All commanders/directors are directed to reduce in-person manning to
no more than 75% of non-mission essential personnel. Beyond that directive, I ask that all commanders and/or directors exercise their authority to maximize teleworking in situations where employees have a telework agreement in place and can effectively fulfill the duties of their position via telework based on mission conditions.
b. Contact tracing: In accordance with CDC guidelines, non-vaccinated individuals who have been identified as having close contact with a someone who has COVID-19 will quarantine for 14 days after last contact. With the increase in breakthrough positive testing, highly recommend that those who who are fully vaccinated and identified as having had a close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual, quarantine until five days after last exposure and also receipt of a negative COVID test result (tested on day five).
c. Wear of face coverings: All individuals on the installation will continue to adhere to the Secretary of Defense’s 28 July 2021 guidance which requires all Service members, Federal employees, onsite contractor employees, and visitors to BSFB, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask in an indoor setting in installations and other facilities owned, leased or otherwise controlled by DoD.
d. Commanders will evaluate all meetings and events within their unit, and whenever feasible, ensure these are held virtually. When in-person events are necessary, commanders will ensure ample physical spacing that is appropriate for the group size and venue and ensure proper mask-wear. This applies to both indoor and outdoor events.
e. Patrons of the fitness center will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks have passed since the last immunization in their series) to gain access to the facility. Patrons will need to show fitness center personnel their CDC card or a clear picture of their CDC card, as well as a valid identification card. Blanket exemptions will be communicated for event-specific reasons (i.e. vaccinate POD). There will be no individual exceptions to this requirement.
f. Official military fitness assessments will take place outdoors.
4. Mission partner leads, unit commanders, and supervisors may direct additional restrictions to manage risk to their missions, personnel, and operational areas, as required. These leaders should execute judgement and risk management principles for situations not dictated by HHQ or Garrison guidance including outdoor mask wear and the number of personnel in office spaces, operations floors, or gatherings. Please consult Public Health if additional guidance is desired for a specific situation.
5. This policy supersedes any previously published 460 SW or Buckley Garrison public
health directives but does not impact any declaration-of a public health emergency.
DOD Travel Guidance FAQ