BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
A civilian contractor working on Buckley Air Force Base is currently undergoing evaluation and treatment following a positive COVID-19 test. Colonel Devin Pepper, the 460th Space Wing commander, declared a public health emergency on 17 March 2020 for Buckley AFB, limiting duty to mission and service essential personnel. The base remains in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) level Bravo to reflect the moderate disease threat posed by COVID-19 and limit the risk of exposure to personnel with additional measures now in effect:
· Local leave and pass radius for 460th Space Wing personnel is 75 miles with travel restrictions to Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, and Gunnison counties.
· 6th Avenue Gate and Visitor Control Center is CLOSED.
· 100% virtual appointment system by calling 720-847-WELL (8355). Providers will determine if face-to-face appointment is required and direct patients accordingly.
· Pharmacy is OPEN for drive-thru services only Monday thru Friday. Mission and service essential personnel have access from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and all other beneficiaries from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For information about receiving prescriptions by mail or at an alternate pharmacy, visit https://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Pharmacy.
· The Dental Clinic remains OPEN (on call) for emergency procedures, and Class 3 and 4 mission essential only exams.
· Mental Health Clinic will remain OPEN for urgent issues via the appointment line. Emergency Room/911 should be used for emergency mental health situations.
· Dietician services are available by virtual appointment only.
· Ancillary services (lab and radiology) are CLOSED for routine services.
· Optometry Clinic and Physical Therapy are CLOSED until further notice.
· Personnel entering the clinic will be pre-screened by a medical technician.
Base Exchange and Commissary
· The Base Exchange will be OPEN Monday thru Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Request mission and service essential only patrons in the first two business hours.
· All concessions and food court restaurants are OPEN for take-out only (food court seating closed). Fooda and Food Truck services are SUSPENDED.
· Commissary will be OPEN Tuesday thru Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
· Request mission and service essential only patrons in the first two business hours. Effective 18 March 2020, all patrons will be ID checked at the entrance.
· Ent Credit Union is CLOSED.
Mission Support Functions
· Child Development Centers are OPEN for children of mission and service essential personnel only. Hand washing stations and screening will occur before entering the facility. 460th Force Support Squadron will stop automatic payments for families not receiving childcare.
· The Rocky Mountain Lodge is OPEN to mission and service essential personnel. Coffee Bar is take-out only.
· The FamCamp is OPEN to current patrons, new patrons will not be accepted.
· The MPF is OPEN for appointments only. Walk-ins are limited to mission and service essential personnel.
· Airman and Family Readiness Center is on-call for emergency/mission requirements.
The following locations are CLOSED:
· Buckley Youth Center
· Buckley Fitness Center
· Professional Development/Cyber Center
· Panther Den
· Outdoor Recreation Center. All trips are cancelled until further notice.
· Leadership Development Center & Coffee Bar
· Education Center. All Weighted Airman Promotion System (WAPS) tests previously scheduled are cancelled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
The 460th Space Wing leadership is continuing to engage with its total-force partners to monitor those who are at a higher risk given recent travel or exposure history, and they are taking the appropriate actions as necessary. Team Buckley is working with the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention, Tri-County Public Health Department, and local community leadership on the COVID-19 situation.
“My team and I know this ongoing situation has numerous impacts and presents its own unique challenges for you, your family, and your unit,” remarked Colonel Devin Pepper. “If there is ever a concern, I ask that you please reach out to your chain of command for help. Leaders, I need you to maintain (virtual) touch leadership for your personnel through these challenging times. We all have a personal responsibility in this battle to take care of each other until we overcome this.”
To help with the prevention and spread of the virus, please continue to monitor these website: · www.facebook.com/BuckleyAirForceBase · www.buckley.af.mil/COVID-19/ · https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus · https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/.