Federal Voting Assistance Program

FVAP is for all military voters, spouses and dependents. All can use the same Standard Form 76 (Federal Postcard Application, or FPCA) to register, request a ballot, or update personal information. Military and overseas civilians use the FVAP forms because they are stationed away from their home state (or state of legal residence). If you are stationed in your state of legal residence, or wish to establish residency in the state in which you are serving, you can register and vote locally.

To vote in Colorado click here. To vote in another state click here

Absentee Voting

Readiness deployment and return briefings are available by appointment at the Military and Family Readiness Center in building 606 on Buckley SFB for those preparing to deploy. Spouses are encouraged to attend. 

Federal Civilians, Contractors, and Reservists

Federal civilians, contractors and reservists should register to vote with the state in which they reside using the state's voter registration site. 

Government contractors and civilian personnel residing overseas can use the SF 76 and SF186. Reservists who have been activated to deploy can also use the SF 76 and SF 186. These forms can be found here.

Contact the installation voting assistance office at 720-847-7499 or for more info or assistance. 

How to turn in forms

Some states give you the option to fax, email or mail your voting forms. Print the forms and sign and date them before faxing or emailing them to the distant location. For FVAP forms, please use their approved coversheet. 

Also consider that deployed or overseas locations may not always have consistent opportunities to fax or email, so give yourself plenty of lead time to get the forms back to your home state. Be sure to check each state's requirement for details. 

Hours of Operation

8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday- Friday 

Rm. 140, Bldg 606

DoD Voting Information Center

Available 24/7
DSN: 425-1584
1-800-483-VOTE (8683)