BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
Due to the continuous decrease in COVID-19 cases in the surrounding local area, Buckley AFB will transition into the second phase of recovery actions.
Buckley will revert to Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Bravo on June 22. Additionally, the previous Declaration of Public Health Emergency, which was renewed on April 28, 2020 remains in effect.
The HPCON Bravo declaration defines base measures for a moderate health threat to base personnel that has the potential to rapidly move into an area.
Going forward, Colonel Devin R. Pepper, 460th Space Wing Commander, has authorized no more than 50 percent of non-mission essential personnel to return to duty while still emphasizing maximum use of telework. All personnel will continue to practice social distancing, good hygiene and appropriate mask wear.
In addition to currently offered base services, the following services will be available on or shortly after June 22:
● The Base Exchange and Commissary will allow 100 patrons in the facility at a time.
● The 6th Avenue Gate will open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, both inbound and outbound.
● Physical Therapy will open for Active Duty post operation surgery patients only.
● Increasing readiness related Class 3 and 4 dental visits.
● The Child Development Centers will begin accepting new childcare applications. The school-aged summer program will be available and accepting 24 children.
● The Fitness Center will be open to military service members (Active Duty, Guard and Reserve) and government civilians only, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Workouts will be limited to 90 minutes and only 50 patrons will be allowed at one time. Fitness center classes will resume while adhering to current social distancing and group gathering policies. Restrooms and touchless water bottle fill stations will be available for use. If patrons want to use the water bottle fill stations, they are required to bring their own water bottle. Locker rooms will remain closed. As a reminder, only the main entrance at the front of the building will be accessible, and masks must be worn at all times while transitioning from one piece of equipment or room to the next.
● Airmen Leadership School will resume classes July 20.
● The Civilian Personnel Office and Education Center will open by appointment only.
● The Rocky Mountain Lodge will begin accepting reservations for members on official travel only, no space available reservations will be accepted at this time.
● The Traffic Management Office will open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
● Hunt Housing staff will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday.
● The Legal Office will remain closed for walk-in legal assistance. Individuals may call 720-847-6444 to schedule an appointment for powers of attorney, notary services, wills and other legal assistance requiring advice from an attorney. Masks will be required.
(a) The full spectrum of legal assistance is available to:
- Active duty members. For purposes of who may receive legal assistance, “Active duty members” include Guardsmen and Reservists on Title 10 orders.
- Dependents of active duty members who are deployed, deploying, or quarantined.
(b) Advice regarding family law and landlord-tenant issues are available to dependents of active duty members.
(c) Powers of attorney and notary services are available to active duty members, their dependents, and retirees.
(d) Will preparation services in medical emergencies are available to any person entitled to legal assistance under AFI 51-304, Legal Assistance.
The 460th Space Wing leadership continues to partner with Team Buckley Leadership, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Tri-County Public Health Department, and local community and state leadership on the COVID-19 response. We will continue to closely monitor local conditions and adjust restrictions as appropriate. Thank you for your continued patience as we all work through these challenging times together.
To help with the prevention and spread of the virus, please continue to monitor these websites: