Dant Addresses Buckley Panthers
By Airman Nigel R. Sims, 460th Space Wing Public Affairs
/ Published July 18, 2011
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. -- Service members of the 460th Space Wing gathered in the Leadership Development Center building July 15, to listen to the first official address from the new wing commander, Col. Daniel A. Dant.
The first order of business was to award servicemembers with medals that have been earned over 2010 for Air Force Space Command.
He then explained to the members of the 460th everything that we can expect out of him, and what he expects from the service-members of Buckley.
"I believe in the basics, blocking and tackling," said Col. Dant. "I am here to work for you, it's not about us. I am going to trust commanders and senior enlisted service- members to do their job. Expect me to change what isn't working, minimizing dead bodies and broken glass," said Dant.
"Our mission is to provide combat-ready Airmen to the fight, and take care of each other's families while deployed," said Dant.
There are many different ways to improve Buckley Air Force Base.
"We need to take pride in how our facilities look, it's all about pride," said Dant. "I challenge everyone here at Buckley to find a way to make our wing better."
Col. Dant's immediate playbook actions are to ask a lot of questions, engage base partners and the community. He also plans to meet with the command team to look at the wing' s vision, priorities and goals.
Let's take care of each other," said Dant. "Thank you for your service, now, let's get to work."
These are the medals and awards that were conferred:
1. The Legion of Merit - Col. Trent A. Pickering, The 460th Space Wing
2. The Bronze Star Medal - Chief Master Sgt. Todd R. Kennedy, The 460th Operations Group
3. AFSPC 2010 General Seth J. McKee Award- 2d/8th Space Warning Squadron
4. Officer Instructor/ Evaluator of the Year - 1st. Lt. Earl Alejandro, 2d Space Warning Squadron
5. Officer Instructor/ Evaluator of the Year - 1st. Lt. Christopher J. Barnes, 460th Operation Support Squadron