CANCELLED: Buckley to hold Junior Enlisted Warrior Day
By , 460th Space Wing Public Affairs
/ Published September 25, 2013
Buckley Air Force Base, Colo. -- DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
The Team Buckley 5/6 Association has invited all Team Buckley members grades E-1 through E-4 to participate in the Junior Enlisted Warrior Day 1-4 p.m. on Oct. 2 at Camp Rattlesnake on base.
Junior Enlisted Warrior Day is designed as a day of fun activities to thank junior enlisted members for their contributions and efforts in mission accomplishment.
Participants are encouraged to wear any modified military uniform, past or present, however no patches are authorized except a name tape. Members are also encouraged to "arm" themselves with any and all water guns, water balloons and super-soakers.
Junior Enlisted Warrior Day is set to include an obstacle course, a tire-flipping contest and a tug-of-war as well as several other activities. There will also be food and several information booths from on-base and off-base agencies.
For more information on Junior Enlisted Warrior Day, call 720-847-9249.
Rules for Junior Enlisted Warrior Day are listed below:
1. Standard ABU/service equivalent uniform
2. A modified military uniform, past or present. Remove ANY and ALL
official patches with the exception of your name tape.
RULES OF THE DAY:
1. Only Team Buckley members grades E-1 through E-4 may attend.
2. Attendees shall be permitted to "arm" thyself with water weapons.
3. Attendees need to supply their own water guns/super soakers.
4. Attendees shall not be admitted with water balloons filled with anything
other than water.
5. Attendees shall make every effort to meet all guests.
6. Thou shall be in the appropriate combat attire at all times (ABU, BDU,
flight suit, service equivalent. Any combination a person may have
previously worn during their career.) Camo paint and bandanas are
7. Attendees must participate in events with members from different career
8. Attendees shall initiate combat when ever alarm red is declared and
prepare to defend your "combat area."
9. Attendees shall cease combat as soon as alarm black is declared.
10. If an attendee calls for a "cease fire", respect their wishes.
11. The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is the area designated for information
booths, grilling operations, and the mess area. Attendees must not engage
in combat in this area.
12. Attendees shall not throw food or any other projectiles with thy hand
and shall not aim thy water munitions at thy targets' head at any time.
13. THOU SHALL ENJOY THYSELF TO THY FULLEST!!!!
DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.